Ever since results day, I’ve been super excited about going to university to study subjects that I love! But alongside that, I’ve been nervous about moving out (to the point of some pretty bad panic attacks). So after a lot of consideration, I’ve decided to defer my place at uni and take a year out.
I’m really upset about this, as I was realllyyyy looking forward to studying a topic I’m passionate about. But obviously I know that it’s for the best, and I need to put my health first. So instead of this being a mopey post, I’m gonna make a simple list of goals that I hope to achieve during my gap year.
- Pass my driving test – I can drive well but I need to actually book and then pass my test! I’m sure this will make a huge difference to me and make me feel more independent.
- Pass my level 3 BSL – I achieved my level 1 when I was 10, and I’ve wanted to do my level 2 ever since! Now it’s been so long that I’m just going to skip past it and go straight to level 3.
- Work – I’m going to get a proper job so that I can save for uni next year.
- Beat trichotillomania – I’ll be uploading a detailed post about this soon so keep your eyes peeled.
- Be more active on the blog – my main goal concerning this is to increase my DA, as it’s been tough going self-hosted!
These are just a few basic goals for the upcoming year. I’m determined to achieve them as well as much more!