So it’s Christmas Eve (exciting!!) and we’re doing our last minute preparations for tomorrow. For dessert we’ve got so much, but you can never have enough, right?! Anyway, one of my favourite things that we’ve made is of course chocolate brownies. I thought I’d share my recipe and let you know how I made them extra Christmassy!
This will realistically take at least 1 hour to bake, but if you’re quick it can take about 40 minutes. Following this recipe will make approximately 16 medium square brownies.
• 110g of soft butter
• 200g of golden caster sugar
• 2 medium eggs
• 70g self raising flour
• 25g cocoa powder
• Icing sugar (optional for decorating)
1. Grease a 20x20cm tin, and preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
3. Break the eggs and whisk in a separate bowl. Mix in well with the butter and sugar.
4. Sieve in the self raising flour and cocoa powder, then hand mix until it is thoroughly combined.
5. Spread the mix evenly into the tin.
6. Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the edges are firm.
7. Leave to cool before cutting into squares. Sprinkle icing sugar over the brownies for the finishing touch.
To make them festive, I used a Christmas tree cookie cutter to cut the brownies, and decorated them with green food gel and gold pearls, which you can probably get at any supermarket.
Let me know if you make any brownies over the holidays, or if you’ll be baking anything else!